Understanding the Flat Earth Movement from a Bundle of Popular Conspiracy Theories and Science Skepticism
by Rodrigo Ferrari-Nunes, Ph.D. Part 1 (out of 4)
- Objectives and Theory Tautologies and Abductions Creative Critical Reflexivity Epistemological Resonance & Harmonics Concordance / Discordance Growth and Transformation Epistemological Transformations
- Flat Earth Popular Interest compared with Anthropology’s
- Ethnographic Ethics
- Emotional Attacks, Hate Speech and Marginalization
- Research Participants
- Prejudice Based Socioeconomic Risks
- Controlled Opposition
Part 2 (out of 4)
- History of Anthropology and Alternative Cosmologies: Hugh Brody; Bruce Granville; Miller; Paul Nadasdy; Julie Cruikshank.
- Deconstructing Scientism: Franz Boas; Jesse Owens; Tuskeege Experiment.
- Counter-Intuitive Globe: Tim Ingold; James J. Gibson; Stella Vosniadou and William F. Brewer.
- Shamanism: Knud Rasmussen; Mircea Eliade.
- Common Senses and Scientism: Michael Herzfeld.
- Experience and Perception: Children and Adults watch Rocket Launches.
- Constructing the Flat Earth Story: Personal Observations; Selective Critiques of Mainstream Science; Linking ‘Truther’ Conspiracy Narratives; Heterodoxy is the Norm; Former Globe Believers. Transformations: Pain and Relief; Pro-Science + Anti-Scientism; Spiritual Essence – Creation; Atheists becoming Spiritual; Eric Dubay and Shills; Sticking to the Subject.
Part 3 (out of 4)
- Conspiracy Bundle ⇒ September 11th 2001: official story is false; Mass Media is Controlled; Apollo Lunar Landings were Faked; Geoengineering / Weather Manipulation; Aliens, Fear, and the Government; Outer Space is not what science propagandists claim it is; Ancient Aliens is just entertainment Extraterrestrials are from ‘lands beyond’; Directed Energy Weapons in 9/11 Dr. Judy Wood; No Planers; Secret Societies in Government; Illuminati / Masonic Order; Hollywood’s Easter Eggs; Wernher Von Braun’s NAZI past; SpaceX is Fake; Cold War was an Orwellian Charade; Are Dinosaurs Real?; Seeing too far on the earth – no curvature
- Easter Eggs ⇒ The Shining (1980) and Ready Player One (2018); The Matrix (1999)
- NASA’s Rhetoric; STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math); Exploration and Colonialism; Indigenous Peoples; Compartmentalization and Augmented Reality; MARS vs GREENLAND.
Part 4 (out of 4)
- Lunar Landing Skepticism
- The International Space Station Swimming Pools and Vacuum Chambers
- Apollo 16 Lunar Module – Wires and Flapping Panels
- Elon Musk’s Double Think
- Conspiracy and Pseudo-Science
- Epistemology: How do we know what we know?
- Anthropology and Scientism: Michael Herzfeld; Anna Grimshaw.
- Earth from Space
- Underwater Fiber Optic Cable Networks
- Satellites and Space Debris
- Gravity and Electromagnetism
- Electric Universe Cosmology
- Mapping the Earth
- Science Skepticism & Philosophy