For believers of our Lord Jesus Christ, God’s only Son.
Although Enoch did write extensively about our Lord Jesus Christ, referring to him as Son of Man, I will only use passages of the Bible for our understanding of the signs of End Times.
The first coming of our Lord Jesus Christ was announced 800 years prior, with much detail by Isaiah, Prophet of the Old Testament.
His second coming to usher the revelation and the opening of Heaven has been announced in the New Testament by multitudes of scriptures, and is also known as End Times. 2500 years ago, Daniel, Prophet of the Old Testament had visions of End Times (Daniel 7 – 12), and was even told to not reveal any more, but to seal those words for those Times, for when he will stand up in his lot, at the time of the resurrection of the dead. Yes, Daniel will have to rise and prophesy for almost 3 1/2 years (1260 days), as written in Revelations 11:3.
The most detailed Chronology of his second coming is found in Matthew 24, and Revelation. In Revelation, the order of events is very clear:
- The opening of the 7 Seals (the Seals are opened one at a time and in order, by the only one worthy in Heaven: The Son of Man, God’s favorite);
- The 7 Angels sound their Trumpets (in order from the 1st to the 7th).
Revelation being the most detailed version explained by our Lord Jesus Christ (almost 30 years after his ascension into Heaven) to John his disciple.
Matthew 24, the account of what is to come stated by our Lord Jesus Christ during his time with us in the flesh.
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
- Wars and rumors of Wars, but not the end yet. The opening of Seven Seals, one at a time. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse begin their rides, one at a time.
- Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Only the beginning of sorrows.
- Christians will be hated, hunted, and killed by the non-believers.
- People will betray and hate one another.
- There will be many false prophets.
- Christians who will endure in faith to the End will be saved.
- The Gospel of the Kingdom will then be preached.
- We will then see and realize the abomination of this desolation. By then, a quarter (1/4) of the population of the Earth will be killed. If this part happened today, it would translate into nearly 2 Billions dead.
- The Beginning of the Great Tribulations, something never seen before, the Sci-Fi like events of the Seven Trumpets of Revelation…
- Our Lord warns us not to believe any one, that he has arrived. The End is still not yet. The events of the first Three Trumpets have to occur: 1/3 of the trees, all of the green grass will burn; 1/3 of the Seas will have turned to blood; Wormwood will make 1/3 of the waters poison and men will die from it.
- The Fourth Trumpet will sound. Then, the Sun and the Moon will loose their light. The stars will fall from Heaven, and Heaven will shake.
- And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Three Trumpets have yet to sound, yet some will have the seal of God on their foreheads, and will be protected.
- And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
The events from the Fifth to the Seventh Trumpet are so utterly NOT from this world, that only reading Revelations can give a glimpse of the coming Judgement. Even the best Sci-fi or horror Hollywood movie doesn’t even come close.
The Sixth Trumpet, another One Third (1/3) of men will be killed. Until the Seventh Angel sounds, and when he does, there will be no more mystery about Heaven.
Even so, Lord Jesus Christ, please come.
(The above is my personal understanding of End Times.)