On April 19, 1993. 76 Branch Davidians died following an FBI assault.
Following approval by President Clinton, U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno approved recommendations by the FBI to mount an assault, after a siege from March 1 through April 18.
Lets remember the children who died in this assault
Name, age, nationality
- Chanel Andrade, 1, American
- Bobbie Lane Koresh, 2, American
- Cyrus Koresh, 8, American
- Star Koresh, 6, American
- Dayland Lord Gent, 3, Australian
- Paiges Gent, 1, American
- Lisa Martin, 13, American
- Sheila Martin, Jr., 15, American
- Abigail Martinez, 11, American
- Audrey Martinez, 13, American
- Crystal Martinez, 3, American
- Isaiah Martinez, 4, American
- Joseph Martinez, 8, American
- Melissa Morrison, 6, British
- Mayanah Schneider, 2, American
- Aisha Gyrfas Summers (pregnant), 17, Australian
- Startle Summers, 1, American
- Hollywood Sylvia, 1, American
- Rachel Sylvia, 12, American
- Chica Jones, 2, American
- Serenity Jones, 4, American
- Little One Jones, 2, American
And 54 adults 18 years old and above, one 24 year old woman pregnant.
Rolland Ballestros, one of the agents assigned to the ATF door team that assaulted the front door, told Texas Rangers and Waco police that he thought the first shots came from the ATF dog team assigned to neutralize the Branch Davidians’ dogs, but later at the trial he insisted that the Branch Davidians had shot first.
Key organizers FBI
- Jeff Jamar
- Richard Rogers
Key Organizers ATF
- Phillip Chojnacki
- Chuck Sarabyn
With the participation of Texas Governor Ann Richards.